MILWAUKEE, Wis. -- Wisconsin Lutheran pulled away in the second half on Wednesday night with a 24-13 run over the final seven-plus minutes to defeat Concordia Wisconsin 93-73 inside the Recreation Complex.
Final Score: Wisconsin Lutheran 93, Concordia Wisconsin 73
Location: Recreation Complex (Milwaukee, Wis.)
Records: Wisconsin Lutheran 3-2, 1-0 NACC; Concordia Wisconsin 1-3, 1-1 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons were within two points, 55-53, with 14 minutes and nine seconds to play, but the Warriors slowly pulled away and had their lead at double-figures minutes later and eventually at the 20-point area near the end of the game.
- Concordia Wisconsin trailed 45-40 at the intermission, despite Wisconsin Lutheran shooting 56 percent and making seven 3-pointers.
- The Falcons struggled at the free throw line in the game, making just 10-of-21 attempts.
- Sophomore Brandon Keller (Plymouth, Wis.) was one of four starters in double-figures for Concordia Wisconsin with 15 points, while also grabbing nine rebounds. Sophomore Jared Jurss (Sheboygan, Wis.) had 14 points, six rebounds and four assists. Junior Jordan Johnson (Cedarburg, Wis.) and junior Joey Zietlow (Oak Creek, Wis.) each added 12 points.
- Wisconsin Lutheran was led by Caleb Goldstein who had 20 points. Andrew Bruggink recorded 18 points, nine rebounds and eight assists, but also had eight turnovers.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin next plays on December 4 against Aurora at 7 pm inside the R. John Buuck Field House.