HAVEN, Wis. -- Concordia Wisconsin remains in fifth place after the first half of the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Championship on Monday afternoon. The Falcons shot a second-round 324 at the Irish Course at Whistling Straits.
Course: Irish Course at Whistling Straits (par 72, 6,750 yards)
Team Leaderboard: 5th of 10 (334-324 -- 658)
Falcon Individuals: Andrew Otto (83-81 -- 164), Wyatt Wilderman (79-85 -- 164), Dylan Karvala (86-80 -- 166), Sam Schlosser (87-81 -- 168), Jordan Carlton (rep-82), Nate Benjamin (86-dnc)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin was 10 strokes better than Sunday's opening round, but was unable to move up the leaderboard and sits in fifth after 36 holes of play.
- Senior Andrew Otto (Kewaskum, Wis.) carded an 81 on day two and has 164 total strokes to put himself in a tie for 19th. He began his round with back-to-back birdies and finished with four birdies and six pars. Sophomore Wyatt Wilderman (Waukesha, Wis.) carded an 85 and has 164 strokes to put him in a tie for 19th. He concluded his second round with back-to-back birdies.
- Junior Dylan Karvala (New Berlin, Wis.) and senior Sam Schlosser (West Bend, Wis.) had the greatest improvement from the first round to the second of six strokes. Karvala shot an 80 and Schlosser signed for an 81, respectively.
- Aurora leads the championship with a two-day total of 614 and is ahead by 26 strokes over Edgewood.
- Scott Boyajian (Aurora) is the individual leader with a 6-over par 150 total (73-77) and leads by four strokes.
- Otto sunk a team-best six birdies through the first two rounds and has the lowest nine-hole total of 36 (back nine of the first round). Schlosser led the Falcon lineup with 18 pars over 36 holes.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will next compete in the spring, pending the weather, but will be preparing indoors until the third and fourth rounds of the NACC Championship at Stonebridge Country Club in Aurora, Illinois on April 26-27.
October 7, 2019 Men's Golf remains in 5th at NACC Championship
October 6, 2019 Men's Golf tied for 5th at NACC Championship
October 4, 2019 Men's Golf Preview: NACC Championship
September 30, 2019 Men's Golf, Otto set program 36-hole records
September 21, 2019 Men's Golf places third at WLC Fall Invitational
September 14, 2019 Men's Golf competes at Midwest Region Classic
September 9, 2019 Benjamin leads Men's Golf with t8 finish at UW-Eau Claire Invitational
August 31, 2019 Men's Golf, Wilderman tie for 4th place at Culver's Fall Classic