JANESVILLE, Wis. -- Concordia Wisconsin Men's Golf began the 2019-20 season with a strong showing at the Edgewood Culver's Fall Classic, placing fourth as a team and Wyatt Wilderman led the lineup with a tie for fourth as an individual at Glen Erin Golf Club. The Falcons and Wilderman set 36-hole program records.
Course: Glen Erin Golf Club (par 71, 6,849 yards)
Team Finish: t4th of 23 (308-299 -- 607)
Falcon Individuals: Wyatt Wilderman (76-70 -- 146), Andrew Otto (72-79 -- 151), Dylan Karvala (79-75), Austin Ramos# (79-77 -- 156), Sam Schlosser (81-75 -- 156), Jordan Carlton (86-79 -- 165), Carsten Zange# (87-80 -- 167), Adam Kern# (92-86 -- 178)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin moved up one spot on the team leaderboard and finished in a tie for fourth place after shooting a 308-299 -- 607 total. The 299 score on Saturday is tied for the third-lowest round in program history and the 607 total over 36 holes is a new program record by four shots.
- Junior Wyatt Wilderman (Waukesha, Wis.) paced the lineup with a 4-over par 146 (76-70) total to set a new program record for a 36-hole individual total. In addition, his final round of 1-under par 70 was one shot off the program record. He finished in a tie for fourth place.
- Senior Andrew Otto (Kewaskum, Wis.) ended in a tie for 16th after shooting a 151 (72-79) total. His opening round of 1-over par 72 had him in a tie for second place after 18 holes of play.
- Junior Dylan Karvala (New Berlin, Wis.) improved four strokes over the tournament's two rounds and as a result, moved into a tie for 32nd. He shot a 154 total (79-75).
- Freshman Austin Ramos (New Berlin, Wis.) competed as an individual and fired a 156 total (79-77) to tie for 43rd, while senior Sam Schlosser (West Bend, Wis.) also tied for 43rd after carding an 81-76.
- Sophomore Jordan Carlton (Kewaskum, Wis.) ended with a 165 total (86-79) to tie for 84th and freshman Carsten Zange (Robins, Iowa) shot a 167 (87-80) to tie for 93rd. Senior Adam Kern (Osco, Ill.) rounded out the lineup with a 178 total (92-86).
- In all, seven Falcons improved their scores from the first to second rounds and Carlton and Zange had the greatest improvement of seven shots.
- Webster won the team trophy with a 581 total (288-293) and won by 20 strokes.
- Will Hocker (Webster) took medalist honors with a 7-under par 135 total (67-68) and he won by nine strokes.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will compete on September 8-9 at the 36-hole UW-Eau Claire Wrigglesworth Invitational at Eau Claire Golf & Country Club.
September 14, 2019 Men's Golf competes at Midwest Region Classic
September 9, 2019 Benjamin leads Men's Golf with t8 finish at UW-Eau Claire Invitational
August 31, 2019 Men's Golf, Wilderman tie for 4th place at Culver's Fall Classic