MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Cross Country program will kick off the 2018 season by hosting the Ken Weidt Classic Saturday. The women will start the day with a 6K race beginning at 11 a.m. and the men will follow with an 8K at noon.
The race will be held on campus as the starting and finishing lines will be located near the CUW Tennis Courts. CUWFalcons.com gets you ready for the races and the start of the 2018 Cross Country season.
- Click here for the 6K course map (Women's Race)
- Click here for the 8K course map (Men's Race)
- The Falcons Women's program has had recent success at the Ken Weidt Classic, including a third-place finish in 2017. CUW will feature a new-look squad this year as only one of the Falcons top seven runners from last year's Ken Weidt Classic is back. Adrianna Lubner returns after finishing 14th in the race last season.
- The CUW Women also won a NACC Championship in 2017, a race which was also run on the Falcons home course. In that race, Rileigh Dunning and Molly Wirtz joined Lubner on the Falcons top-seven list, while Alden Goucher was the ninth CUW runner to cross the finish line. All four are back in the fold this season.
- On the Men's side, CUW placed seventh a season ago and return their top two runners from last year's race. Craig Reese is the Falcons top returning runner this season and he placed 13th at the Ken Weidt Classic in 2017. Ryan Teigen also returns after finishing 28th last season.
- Both programs welcome several new faces this season. A total of 15 freshmen (10 men, five women) are on the roster as the Falcons enter the 2018 campaign. On the men's side, only four runners have competed at a collegiate cross country race as a member of the Falcons.
- In 2017, St. Norbert captured both the men's and women's titles at the Ken Weidt Classic. St. Norbert had seven of the top 11 runners in the women's race and three in the top 10 in the men's race. The Green Knights are not competing at this year's meet.