FOND DU LAC, Wis. -- It was an even opening quarter before Concordia Wisconsin took over the game with a 13-6 scoring run during a five-minute stretch before halftime. That momentum spilled over into the second half and led to a 79-49 road victory at Marian during NACC action on Saturday.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 79, Marian 49
Location: Sadoff Gymnasium (Fond du Lac, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 6-6, 5-3 NACC; Marian 2-10, 2-6 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin led by just four points with 4:59 to play before halftime and a Kaitlyn Foster layup jump-started a 13-6 scoring run before halftime to give the visitors a 37-26 advantage. Following the break, the Falcons continued to separate themselves and led by 22 after three quarters of action.
- They dominated the glass, outrebounding the Sabres 53-34 and an important note were the 23 offensive rebounds that were turned into 27 second-chance points. In all, 11 players found the scoring column.
- Junior Emily Hafemann (Hales Corners, Wis.) led all players with 16 points, while freshman Lindsey Smitsdorff (Coon Rapids, Minn.) had a season-best 12 points on 5-of-7 shooting, to go along with five rebounds and two steals. Senior Clara Chambers (Mineral Point, Wis.) had 10 points, six rebounds and two blocks. Senior Kaitlyn Foster (Janesville, Wis.) dished out six assists and junior Hannah Boettcher (Columbus, Wis.) had five assists. Sophomore Camryn Szolyga (Waukesha, Wis.) led all players with 10 rebounds.
- Marian was led by Madison Holdiman who had six points.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin hosts Concordia Chicago on Tuesday at 7:30 pm in the first game of a NACC doubleheader inside the R. John Buuck Field House.
January 14, 2020 Falcons run away from Cougars in second half
January 11, 2020 Falcons dominate the glass in road win
January 8, 2020 Women's Basketball grinds out win over MSOE
January 4, 2020 Falcons drain 15 3s in blowout road win
December 19, 2019 Falcons nearly pull off victory over No. 19 UW-Whitewater
December 18, 2019 3-pointers fall for Falcons in victory
December 10, 2019 Guns has career game, Falcons blow past Inferno
December 7, 2019 Late 3-pointer falls short in comeback effort
December 3, 2019 Lakeland come from behind to defeat Women's Basketball
November 30, 2019 Stifling defense on display in NACC victory
November 23, 2019 Stars sink Falcons’ NACC opener
November 20, 2019 Falcons drop non-conference game at North Central
November 12, 2019 Falcons show grit in season-opening game against Pioneers
November 11, 2019 Women's Basketball ready for 2019-20 campaign
October 24, 2019 Women's Basketball picked third in NACC Preseason Poll