COLFAX, Wis. – Craig Reese posted a 40th-place finish in a challenging field, pacing the Concordia University Wisconsin Men's Cross Country team at the UW-Eau Claire Blugold Invite Friday. The Falcons finished in 16th as a team and were third among NACC schools.
- Falcons Finish: 16th of 29 (490 points)
- Location: Whitetail Golf Course – Colfax, Wisconsin
- Falcons Top Five: Reese, Teigen, Kral, Schiek, Ebel
- Reese (Germantown, Wis.) had a solid race against a talented field. The junior navigated through the 8K course in a time of 26:02.5. Reese was the top NACC runner at the event as well.
- Ryan Teigen (Fargo, N.D.) was next in line, finishing 53rd after running a 26:18.7. Teigen was the third NACC runner to cross the finish line.
- A trio of freshmen rounded out the scoring lineup for the Falcons in Jack Kral (Kohler, Wis.), Wesley Schiek (Oshkosh, Wis.), and William Ebel (Macomb, Ill.). Kral ran a 27:17, Schiek posted a 27:36.6, and Ebel came across in 29:20.1.
- Ryan Dziengel (31:59.4), Derrick Folkman (32:53.9), Matthew Wilcox (33:47.3), and Jacob Lengel (33:51.4) rounded out the Falcons lineup.
- UW-Stout edged St. Olaf for the team title on Friday. The Blue Devils totaled 75 points, seven in front of St. Olaf (82).
- Patrick Treacy of host UW-Eau Claire topped all runners with a time of 24:39.9.
- The race was good for the Falcons and other teams in the region to familiarize themselves with as Whitetail Golf Course will host the 2018 NCAA Division III Midwest Regionals on November 10.
- The Falcons will run again next Friday, October 5 at the Benedictine Eagle Invite. The men's race will start at 4 p.m.