RIVER FOREST, Ill. – Concordia Wisconsin found its offensive rhythm on Saturday afternoon during a 3-1 (22-25, 25-18, 25-22, 26-24) victory at Concordia Chicago during NACC play.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 3, Concordia Chicago 1 (22-25, 25-18, 25-22, 26-24)
Location: Geiseman Gymnasium (River Forest, Ill.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 8-8, 4-5 NACC; Concordia Chicago 4-12, 0-7 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Following a pair of matches last over the last week when the offense wasn't at its peak, Concordia Wisconsin flipped the switch and hit .273 as a team to take three sets in a row for the road victory.
- After dropping the first set, the Falcons exploded for 11 kills on 17 attempts for a .529 hitting percentage to help in taking a 25-18 set win and tie the match at one set apiece.
- The offense continued to play well in the third and fourth sets, hitting .207 and .312, while the defense was quietly going about their day with a solid performance. The front line combined for 28 block assists (14 total blocks) and the back line had 35 digs.
- Freshman James Althoff (Kenosha, Wis.) and sophomore Isaac Glynn (Byron, Minn.) each finished with 15 kills apiece, while Glynn had a career-high .571 hitting percentage. Freshman Connor Muff (Kenosha, Wis.) ended with 33 assists, seven digs and seven block assists.
- Sophomore Blake Schwandt (Kenosha, Wis.) was outstanding up front with eight block assists, while freshman Cody Sciabica (Henderson, Nev.) recorded six block assists. Glynn also had four digs and four block assists. Sophomore Sam Rovik (Silver Lake, Wis.) tallied six kills, 11 digs, three block assists and two service aces.
- Brian Perez led the Cougars with 15 kills and Trent Weber recorded 41 assists and 10 digs. Nick Capers and Anthony Galindo posted 12 and 11 kills, respectively.
- The Falcons .273 hitting percentage is the highest since a .325 hitting percentage on February 15 home match against Concordia Chicago.
- The 28 block assists is a program record and the 14 total blocks is one shy of the record set on March 1.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin completes its five match road swing on Wednesday with a 7 pm NACC match at Marian.
June 7, 2019 Trusting the process
April 10, 2019 Althoff named to All-NACC First Team
April 9, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast April 9, 2019
April 9, 2019 Men's Volleyball season comes to a close
April 7, 2019 Men's Volleyball hosted youth clinic to grown the game
April 5, 2019 Falcons clinch spot in NACC Tournament
March 30, 2019 Pair of Falcons record double-doubles for Men's Volleyball
March 27, 2019 Men's Volleyball drops three-setter at No. 10 MSOE
March 16, 2019 Men’s Volleyball falls to NACC-leading Benedictine
March 15, 2019 Falcons fall in home NACC match to Stars
March 13, 2019 Falcons’ offense stalls at Marian
March 9, 2019 Men's Volleyball take down Cougars
March 6, 2019 Men’s Volleyball drops NACC contest at Lakeland
March 2, 2019 Men’s Volleyball downed at Aurora
February 27, 2019 Men’s Volleyball swept at home
February 20, 2019 Men's Volleyball at Loras postponed
February 16, 2019 Falcons drops matches against Benedictine, Fontbonne
February 15, 2019 Falcons sweep Cougars
February 12, 2019 Althoff named Sports Imports/AVCA and NACC Player of the Week
February 8, 2019 Falcons drop NACC contest at No. 5 Dominican
February 6, 2019 Men’s Volleyball upsets No. 13 MSOE
February 1, 2019 Offense on fire during sweep of Sabercats
January 26, 2019 Men’s Volleyball splits non-conference matches
January 25, 2019 Men’s Volleyball suffers five-set defeat against St. John Fisher
January 18, 2019 Falcons victorious
January 8, 2019 Men’s Volleyball excited to start a strong 2019 schedule
December 4, 2018 Falcon Focus Podcast (December 4, 2018)
June 28, 2018 Men's Volleyball adds six to the Class of 2022