MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin ran out in front on Friday night before Concordia Chicago clawed its back into the match to make it interesting during a 3-0 (25-10, 26-24, 25-21) NACC victory.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 3, Concordia Chicago 0 (25-10, 26-24, 25-21)
Location: R. John Buuck Field House (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 6-3, 2-1 NACC; Concordia Chicago 4-5, 0-3 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons flew out past the Cougars to a commanding 16-6 lead in the opening set and appeared to be en route to a convincing sweep. They would go on to take the opening set 25-10. However, Concordia Chicago would play much stronger in the set and third sets.
- The Cougars pooled together after the first break and led 7-6, 17-16 and traded points in the end of set two. A kill by sophomore Sam Rovik (Silver Lake, Wis.) and a service ace by freshman James Althoff (Kenosha, Wis.) slammed the door on any chance for Concordia Chicago. There were 13 lead changes and eight ties in the second set alone.
- Concordia Wisconsin and Concordia Chicago were knotted at 20-20 late in the third set, before the hosts went on a 5-1 scoring run to earn a sweeping victory.
- Althoff led all players with 13 kills, while Rovik added nine kills, six digs and three block assists.
- Sophomore Isaac Glynn (Byron, Minn.) and sophomore Blake Schwandt (Kenosha, Wis.) each had five kills. Freshman Connor Muff (Kenosha, Wis.) had 26 assists.
- Nick Capers led the Cougars with eight kills and Matthew Geiser had seven kills and three service aces.
- It was the fourth time the Falcons won by a 3-0 score this season and third time at home.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin hosts No. 5 Benedictine at 1 pm in a NACC matchup, followed by a non-conference tilt against Fontbonne at 3 pm inside the R. John Buuck Field House.
June 7, 2019 Trusting the process
April 10, 2019 Althoff named to All-NACC First Team
April 9, 2019 Falcon Focus Podcast April 9, 2019
April 9, 2019 Men's Volleyball season comes to a close
April 7, 2019 Men's Volleyball hosted youth clinic to grown the game
April 5, 2019 Falcons clinch spot in NACC Tournament
March 30, 2019 Pair of Falcons record double-doubles for Men's Volleyball
March 27, 2019 Men's Volleyball drops three-setter at No. 10 MSOE
March 16, 2019 Men’s Volleyball falls to NACC-leading Benedictine
March 15, 2019 Falcons fall in home NACC match to Stars
March 13, 2019 Falcons’ offense stalls at Marian
March 9, 2019 Men's Volleyball take down Cougars
March 6, 2019 Men’s Volleyball drops NACC contest at Lakeland
March 2, 2019 Men’s Volleyball downed at Aurora
February 27, 2019 Men’s Volleyball swept at home
February 20, 2019 Men's Volleyball at Loras postponed
February 16, 2019 Falcons drops matches against Benedictine, Fontbonne
February 15, 2019 Falcons sweep Cougars
February 12, 2019 Althoff named Sports Imports/AVCA and NACC Player of the Week
February 8, 2019 Falcons drop NACC contest at No. 5 Dominican
February 6, 2019 Men’s Volleyball upsets No. 13 MSOE
February 1, 2019 Offense on fire during sweep of Sabercats
January 26, 2019 Men’s Volleyball splits non-conference matches
January 25, 2019 Men’s Volleyball suffers five-set defeat against St. John Fisher
January 18, 2019 Falcons victorious
January 8, 2019 Men’s Volleyball excited to start a strong 2019 schedule
December 4, 2018 Falcon Focus Podcast (December 4, 2018)
June 28, 2018 Men's Volleyball adds six to the Class of 2022