WAUKESHA, Wis. – The Falcons got a pair of goals from a pair of freshmen to lead Concordia Wisconsin over Carroll by a final of 3-1 on Wednesday night.
-Final Score: Falcons 3, Pioneers 1
-Records: Falcons 2-0, Pioneers 1-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Ivan Cuellar (Milwaukee, Wis.) opened the scoring seven minutes into the first half with a goal to put the Falcons up early.
- Neither team could find the net again before the end of the first as the game went to halftime with the Falcons up 1-0.
- The Falcons benefited from a Pioneer error early in the second half as Tate Resch-Gauger was credited with an own-goal that put the Falcons up 2-0.
- Gilberto Gomez (Zion, Ill.) extended the Falcons lead 79 minutes into regulation with the first goal of his collegiate career.
- The Pioneer's Venanzio Weeks scored with 2:30 left in regulation to spoil the shutout attempt. This is the second time in as many games this season that a Falcon shutout has been broken in the final five minutes of regulation.
- The Carroll goal was too little too late as the Falcons cruised to their second consecutive win to start the 2019 season.
- Nate Yeager (Rio Rancho, N.M.) had a pair of saves in goal for the Falcons. Heath Anderson of Carroll had three saves but allowed three goals in exchange.
-The Falcons travel to face Northland on the road on Saturday, September 7, at 2:30 pm.