ST. PAUL, Minn. -- Concordia Wisconsin began the game with 14-consecutive goals that lasted five minutes into the third quarter and never looked back during an 18-2 MLC victory at Northwestern-St. Paul.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 18, Northwestern-St. Paul 2
Location: Reynolds Field (St. Paul, Minn.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 12-3, 10-0 MLC; Northwestern-St. Paul 7-6, 4-6 MLC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Five different Falcons found the back of the net in the opening quarter and sophomore Keijo Day (Esko, Minn.) tallied a hat trick in the second quarter, as the visitors flew past the Eagles with a 12-0 lead by the intermission. Concordia Wisconsin had a 33-16 advantage in shots and won 10-of-14 faceoffs through the first 30 minutes of play.
- The scoring slowed down in the second half, but was still dominated by the Falcons, who improved their road record to 6-3 and has won three-consecutive away from home. Freshman Ryan Jaffray (Naperville, Ill.) scored back-to-back goals in the fourth and senior Aidan Connolly (Grayslake, Ill.) netted the only Falcons man-up chance.
- Senior Stephen Gregory (Louisville, Ky.) scored the first goal of the game and consecutive goals in the second for a hat trick, while Connolly ended with a hat trick of his own. Sophomore Donovan Harper (Yorba Linda, Calif.) recorded two goals and an assist.
- Senior Garrett Wohlford (Rochester, Minn.) and sophomore Alex Loding (Mundelein, Ill.) split time in goal and combined to make 13 saves. Junior Ben Gramarossa (Smithtown, N.Y.) won 9-of-14 faceoffs and senior Jack Melby (Eagan, Minn.) was 7-of-10 on faceoff attempts. Gramarossa picked up a game-high six ground balls.
- Chase Marlenee scored the only Northwestern-St. Paul goals in the game. Zach Shockency made 12 saves in goal for the Eagles.
- Concordia Wisconsin's 16-goal victory is tied for the second largest of the season.
- The Falcons are 6-0 at home this season and are looking to finish the regular season undefeated at Fitting Field for just the second time on Saturday.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin hosts Cornell on Saturday at 2 pm in an MLC contest, which is also Senior Day.