MEQUON, Wis. -- A trio of goals, two coming in the third period, and a strong performance by Bo Didur gave Concordia Wisconsin a 3-0 shutout victory over Concordia Moorhead on Friday night during the season opener for both teams inside the Ozaukee Ice Center.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 3, Concordia Moorhead 0
Location: Ozaukee Ice Center (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 1-0-0, Concordia Moorhead 0-1-0
QUOTING BO DIDUR
HOW IT HAPPENED
- It was the first matchup between the two programs and in the end, the Falcons proved to be the stronger team, firing the puck into the back of the net three times and receiving a strong performance between the pipes.
- Junior Nick Guerra (Victoria, British Columbia) put the first goal on the scoreboard just under 12 minutes into the game with senior Josh Adkins (Victoria, British Columbia) assisting.
- Neither team was able to find the back of the net in the second period, but the third was thrilling for the Falcon faithful when back-to-back goals were scored 33 seconds apart. Senior Mac Ferner (Vernon, British Columbia) lit the lamp 12:27 into the final period before senior Dante Hahn (Victoria, British Columbia) added an insurance goal at 13:00 minutes. Freshman Brandon Picard (Montreal, Quebec) and Guerra were credited with assists on the markers.
- It was a steady and strong performance by Didur (West Vancouver, British Columbia) who ended with 27 saves.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will host St. Thomas on Saturday at 2:00 pm inside the Ozaukee Ice Center.
November 9, 2019 Men’s Hockey slaps St. Scholastica
November 8, 2019 Falcons soar in NCHA opener
November 2, 2019 Tommies top Men’s Hockey
November 1, 2019 Falcons victorious in season opener
October 31, 2019 Men’s Hockey will drop the puck on 2019-20 season
October 23, 2019 Men’s Hockey predicted eighth in NCHA
September 25, 2019 Men’s Hockey has six players named to All-American Scholar Team