MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia Wisconsin Falcons rallied down 1-0 in the third period to come back and defeat the Lewis Flyers 2-1 on Saturday afternoon at the Ozaukee Ice Center. Logan Hascarl scored both CUW goals, including the game-winner with 37 seconds remaining.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 2, Lewis 1
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 5-0-1, Lewis 2-3-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After a scoreless opening period, the Flyers jumped ahead 1-0 on a goal by Matthew Moro 42 seconds into the second frame.
- The Falcons made their move in the third period as Logan Hascarl (Nakusp, B.C.) scored twice to propel CUW to victory. The freshman scored with less than four minutes remaining to even the game at 1-1. Jonathan Grodzki (Tampa Bay, Fla.) and Trenton Sherman (Farmington, Minn.) assisted on the goal.
- With 37 seconds remaining in regulation, Hascarl scored unassisted to elevate the Falcons to a 2-1 win.
- Mack Willy (Tacoma, Wash.) had 30 saves in goal for the Falcons.
- The Falcons travel to face West Virginia on Friday, October 18, at 9pm.